Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Application Process

February 17: Application submitted

     I submitted my application online after viewing the E-Presentation. It's a bit long so make sure to set an afternoon aside. You want to be completely present with the presentation, the application and the online interview. I got my ID# and the phone number to call for my interview.

                 ProTip: WRITE THESE DOWN AND NEVER LOSE THEM. TATTOO THEM TO YOUR FOREARM IF YOU HAVE TO. BUT DO NOT LOSE THEM!!!

February 22: A fail interview

     So I counted the hours down. I was so excited for this day. I hadn't gotten much sleep due to classes and work but I couldn't be any more excited. I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up. I got home and sat at my desk with the telephone. Then.... Our phone line went out. I have a deep seeded hate for Charter now. The phone kept hanging up on my interviewer! And only in the last breath did I get the date and time of a new interview date.

February 24: An awesome interview

     The best interview I could have ever asked more. Everything happens for a reason. It was the same interviewer that I had had the first time I applied! We basically gabbed like old friends. It was great! This was pretty much the best day ever.

March 13: A forgotten email

      My sister got married on March 14th. (I realized and notified her that this is Pi Day after we had gotten home. lol) This was the day before. I had asked my boyfriend to check my email this day because internet costs money in a hotel. Jerks. Well he forgot.

March 14: A found email

     I called my boyfriend after a full day of activities. My sisters, cousin and I laid in the hotel beds watching Chicago and I let them talk with him. It was really cute. ^.^ I mentioned that he hadn't told me what I got in my email. He apologized and like the goose he is, went straight to his computer to check even late at night. He told me that I had gotten an email from Disney saying something about needing to call. He paraphrased. (Btw, just read emails to me word for word x] Pet peeve.) Turns out that if he hadn't had forgotten to check my email the day before, I would have missed this email which notified me that I had until 5pm on the 15th to call them or I would be considered to have lost interest!!! Told you everything happens for a reason.

March 15: Accepted!

    Needless to say I called and called all the way home. I left message after message notifying the woman who had contacted me that I was on a train and might lose signal and that calling in the afternoon would be best. I was just talking with my mom about all of the coincidences over this whole process when...SHE CALLED! I was told that I was accepted as Quick Service Food and Beverage. :) Very good day.


So that was my experience with being accepted. I paid the down payment and have been anxious ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment